Barcelona 1.3 + Patch: Parts of Ground Markings and Taxiway Textures disappearing at night

Post product support request for our P3dv4 version products!
topdax

Barcelona 1.3 + Patch: Parts of Ground Markings and Taxiway Textures disappearing at night

Post by topdax » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:46 am

Hi there,

I've bought the Barcelona Scenery via simmarket and I experience the following, starting the sim at LEBL:

During day time, all seems to be fine:

I updated the scenery with the patch, which is available at simmarket. After realizing the issue, I did a reinstal without the patch, no difference. Installing the patch again, didn't fix it, but it doesn't make me wonder. Now I am running out of options.

I am using Prepar3D V4.4 without dynamic lightning option and PTA (P3D Tweak Assistant). At that region I also use ORBX Gobal and Open LC Europe.

Maybe someone can help me to solve the problem. I have not realized a similiar issue with other sceneries before and all the other addon-payware sceneries (UK2000, Aerosoft, MK-Studios, FSDT, Sim-Wings...) are working fine at night. Thanks for your help :)

Best regards
Felix

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: Barcelona 1.3 + Patch: Parts of Ground Markings and Taxiway Textures disappearing at night

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:19 pm

hi, this is quite odd, for any other addon airport you have you also show the same issues?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

topdax

Re: Barcelona 1.3 + Patch: Parts of Ground Markings and Taxiway Textures disappearing at night

Post by topdax » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:51 pm

Hi Ricardo,

no, as described above, Barcelona is the only scenery with this issue. I bought it last week installed it and load a flight during day and than during night time. The issue exists from beginning. Also a new instal didn't fix it.

Best regards
Felix

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:12 pm

There seems to be a problem here of some ground polygons not showing up at night.

Can you load the scene during the day and progressively use the 'time preview' tab to change and see how it goes and if it vanishes?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

topdax

Post by topdax » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:34 pm

Thanks for your response. I've found the problem. :D

As described above, I use PTA.

When I set my aircraft to Barcelona and increased simulation rate, I expected, that the textures will disappear suddenly. But they disappeared extremly slow and became less visible by time. So I had the idea, the issue could be caused by PTA. I deactivated it and then all the textures at night were back.

Now have ve to look for, how to use PTA without this issue. At the moment I use the preset of Pilot Pete. But I don't know, why Barcelona is the only scenery with this issue and other sceneries don't have this. Maybe there is one special option within the PTA settings, which causes the problem.

Best regards
Felix

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:10 pm

ok thanks, let us know
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

topdax

Post by topdax » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:51 am

I've just figured out the exact setting which causes this issue. Solving the issue is really easy:

1. Open Prepar3D Tweak Assistant and go to the "Lighting"-settings-section.

2. Select (not uncheck!) "Autogen emissive lighting"

3. Go to the right to Parameters and uncheck "Smooth day-night-transitions for lights". <---- this was causing the issue

Now Barcelona is working fine - even during night-time ;)

Best regards and thanks for your help!
Felix

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:21 pm

Ok thanks so much for the info.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner