Airport Jetway Pro - Sound

browns11

Airport Jetway Pro - Sound

Post by browns11 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:47 pm

Hello!

So glad to see the new Jetway Pro addition for MSFS airports. I bought it immediately on release and it has worked perfectly at dozens of airports world-wide since I got it.

One question: Is there a way to lower the "bell" sound volume? It is very loud on my system and I need to turn the computer volume down each time it runs. It's also louder in the cockpit than from the external view (perhaps due to main boarding door proximity?).

Thanks for any insight or option and keep up the GREAT work for MSFS!!

Best Regards,
Mike
Aviator & "Long time" simmer

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: Airport Jetway Pro - Sound

Post by RicardoLVFR » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:28 pm

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

We wrestled with the idea of turning them down, the issue is that they are meant to be heard whilst you are inside of the aircraft and not outside. If we turn them down, you won't hear them at all from inside the aircraft, which is where we focus.

The jetway sound from inside the aircraft has the intended volume. From outside yes, its loud but that means you won't hear it at all from inside. We tried tweaking it already to no avail. Lets see how the SDK is maturing so we can elaborate on it.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

browns11

Post by browns11 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:42 am

Roger and thanks for your reply and info! I completely understand and agree with hearing it inside the cockpit; was just hoping there might be a "tweak" (e.g. changing a config file variable) to lower it a little.

Looking forward to new additions for MSFS!

Best Regards,
Mike
Longtime Aviator & "Flight Simmer"

DoctorActionRio

Post by DoctorActionRio » Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:13 am

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:28 pm
Hi, thanks for the feedback.

We wrestled with the idea of turning them down, the issue is that they are meant to be heard whilst you are inside of the aircraft and not outside. If we turn them down, you won't hear them at all from inside the aircraft, which is where we focus.

The jetway sound from inside the aircraft has the intended volume. From outside yes, its loud but that means you won't hear it at all from inside. We tried tweaking it already to no avail. Lets see how the SDK is maturing so we can elaborate on it.
HI Ricardo!

Please, is there any update regarding this topic?

I already knew about the reason why the sound must be loud. And sorry in advance for the "comparison", but the other jetway add-on available for Xbox in the in-game store can be heard inside the cockpit, even though it's not loud outside.

Maybe now this can be adjusted in Airport Jetway Pro?

Cheers from Rio de Janeiro!