V2.1 various bugs

dreampage

V2.1 various bugs

Post by dreampage » Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:31 am

Hello,

I've just tested the newly released "2.1" version of the A321neo and have found several problems with it. The same applies to the other Airbuses as well (I own the A319 and the A321neo).

Functional bugs
  • The aircraft sometimes produces CTD while loading. This hasn't happened for me for a long time now. Also, the framerate can seriously drop from time to time, irregularly, but even while sitting at an airport. (Xbox Series X)
EFB bugs
  • On the aircraft data page, when you use the "Load flight datas" button, the flight plan is displayed in a very inorganized way. Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/00slgrV
  • The performance calculator doesn't seem to calculate the V2 speed. It gives V1 and VR but for V2 it says "NAN KTS". Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/rrHoppR
  • Upon loading the aircraft, the fuel and weight page has both sliders completely on the left side, despite the aircraft having both fuel and passengers/cargo on board. The page correctly displays the %, but the sliders are both at 0.
  • The "Turn EFB ON/OFF" button doesn't work. The EFB cannot be turned off.
  • The catering truck cannot be added on the ramp manager page, the icon doesn't activate and the vehicle doesn't appear. (I tested this on a ramp, not at a gate.)
Cockpit / Tooltip bugs
  • The "External power" button tooltip is reversed. When the button shows "Avail" (e.g. it's off, but available), the tooltip says "ON". When it's actually on, the tooltip says "OFF". Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/Kc1KTN2
  • The central pedestal system page buttons all show incorrect tooltips. They all show the one left of them, not their own. This is an existing bug, not a new one. Unfortunately it's still there. ENG shows FUEL, BLEED shows ENG, PRESS shows BLEED, etc. Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/qog1SYo

Jay99

Re: V2.1 various bugs

Post by Jay99 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:44 pm

I have a problem with the A319. It doesn’t load the horizon and the Nav display. Is it just me?
I just bought it today so I don‘t know if it comes with the update or not…
Last edited by Jay99 on Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dreampage

Post by dreampage » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:51 am

Jay99 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:44 pm
I have a problem with the A319. It doesn’t load the horizon and the Nav display. Is it just me?
That's not a bug. You have to put the three IRS knobs to the NAV position on the overhead panel, and then wait for the aircraft to align itself. It takes several minutes. This is actually realistic behaviour.

Kioske89

Post by Kioske89 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:44 am

Hi i am new to this but today i updated to the latest version of the A321 neo. After update when i get on the plane to fly the avionics are black there are no displays. What should i do? I am on xbox series x

Jay99

Post by Jay99 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:43 pm

dreampage wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:51 am
Jay99 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:44 pm
That's not a bug. You have to put the three IRS knobs to the NAV position on the overhead panel, and then wait for the aircraft to align itself. It takes several minutes. This is actually realistic behaviour.
Thanks for your answer. I’m embarrassed now :)

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:29 pm

dreampage wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:31 am
Hello,

I've just tested the newly released "2.1" version of the A321neo and have found several problems with it. The same applies to the other Airbuses as well (I own the A319 and the A321neo).

Functional bugs
  • The aircraft sometimes produces CTD while loading. This hasn't happened for me for a long time now. Also, the framerate can seriously drop from time to time, irregularly, but even while sitting at an airport. (Xbox Series X)
EFB bugs
  • On the aircraft data page, when you use the "Load flight datas" button, the flight plan is displayed in a very inorganized way. Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/00slgrV
  • The performance calculator doesn't seem to calculate the V2 speed. It gives V1 and VR but for V2 it says "NAN KTS". Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/rrHoppR
  • Upon loading the aircraft, the fuel and weight page has both sliders completely on the left side, despite the aircraft having both fuel and passengers/cargo on board. The page correctly displays the %, but the sliders are both at 0.
  • The "Turn EFB ON/OFF" button doesn't work. The EFB cannot be turned off.
  • The catering truck cannot be added on the ramp manager page, the icon doesn't activate and the vehicle doesn't appear. (I tested this on a ramp, not at a gate.)
Cockpit / Tooltip bugs
  • The "External power" button tooltip is reversed. When the button shows "Avail" (e.g. it's off, but available), the tooltip says "ON". When it's actually on, the tooltip says "OFF". Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/Kc1KTN2
  • The central pedestal system page buttons all show incorrect tooltips. They all show the one left of them, not their own. This is an existing bug, not a new one. Unfortunately it's still there. ENG shows FUEL, BLEED shows ENG, PRESS shows BLEED, etc. Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/qog1SYo
Thank you making note of all of this for the future update
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

dreampage

Post by dreampage » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:50 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:29 pm
Thank you. An addition to the CTD issue: The simulator crashes when the A321neo is not the first aircraft to be loaded in a play session. So if you use any aircraft beforehand (no need to fly with them), get back to the main menu and try to load a flight with the A321neo, the sim will crash on Xbox Series X. It might be a memory issue, some remaining code from the previous aircraft maybe. I'm not sure if you can fix this yourself, but the info might help.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:08 pm

dreampage wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:50 pm
RicardoLVFR wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:29 pm
Thank you. An addition to the CTD issue: The simulator crashes when the A321neo is not the first aircraft to be loaded in a play session. So if you use any aircraft beforehand (no need to fly with them), get back to the main menu and try to load a flight with the A321neo, the sim will crash on Xbox Series X. It might be a memory issue, some remaining code from the previous aircraft maybe. I'm not sure if you can fix this yourself, but the info might help.
Will test all of this. Thank you
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

dreampage

Post by dreampage » Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:26 pm

I did a quick check and after the latest update, sadly most EFB problems remain.
  • The EFB still cannot be turned off with the ON/OFF button.
  • The Payload/Weight screen is still wrong, not mirroring what was set in the simulator's menu. The sliders are both at the left side and the payload is displayed as 0% even though it's not.
I end up not using the EFB at all, but unfortunately there's no way to turn off the screen.

haydenmohr

Post by haydenmohr » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:56 pm

I am sure it’s something that I am doing wrong- but I have noticed since updating to the most recent version that auto throttle does not behave the way it used to. For example- it used to be that when you spawn on the runway with no flight plan or any programming that you could takeoff and shortly after takeoff, you would be able to dial the throttle back slightly and the engines would auto adjust to where the aircraft would maintain 250kts automatically. Now, if I try to do the same thing, my two options are TO/GA or 0% N1. There is no middle ground and it no longer adjusts to maintain 250kts. I will only be able to manage my speed manually if I unselect auto throttle near the auto pilot controls.

I thought it was maybe a setting I had changed in MSFS but when I try the same thing on the default MSFS A320neo, it performs as it has this whole time and is able to maintain 250kts.

Like I said, I am sure that it is something I am doing wrong and it’s probably more realistic how it is now- but I wanted to post and see if maybe I can change it back to how it was before I updated recently. I hope that made sense! Thank you :-)