LVFR airport can't be read by GSX

Dervakon

LVFR airport can't be read by GSX

Post by Dervakon » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:48 pm

Hi,

I bought 3 airport from MS Marketplace KMIA, TJSJ and KSAN, because the files are encrypted, GSX can't read the airport file .BGL, I would like to know if it possible to have only the airport file . BGL that GSX can read it and have the good information for my airport

Thanks

pipejaraara

Re: LVFR airport can't be read by GSX

Post by pipejaraara » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:31 pm

Hi,

I came looking for the same thing, I thought buying from the MSFS marketplace was the same as buying from the webpage, but I now can see its not. I own KMIA, LFLL, LEBL and LEMD. They all work really bad with GSX without the .BGL

It would be a great service for us if you could provide the file.

I wont ever buy again from the marketplace seeing this problems.

Dervakon

Post by Dervakon » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:12 pm

Hi,

I have write a post on the GSX forum and Umberto told me when SU10 will be out they will be able to read the airport file without reading the .BGL. We need to wait for SU10 and GSX to correct this behavior.

Hope so Ricardo will give us the .BGL files

Regard

Dervakon

Post by Dervakon » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:48 pm

Hi Ricardo,

I would like to know if you're going to find a solution for the .BGL file for people who bought your scenery on MS Marketplace, since other developer like ORBX start to do so ?

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:21 pm

Dervakon wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:48 pm
Hi Ricardo,

I would like to know if you're going to find a solution for the .BGL file for people who bought your scenery on MS Marketplace, since other developer like ORBX start to do so ?
Like I said, we like FSDT, and highly respect Umberto. But we aren't going to do anything regarding this, is an issue caused by an addon that wants to work after the fact that our bgls have been released, for quite a long time.

FSDT should find a solution or at the very least, contact us asking for such files so it can work with that. We have thousands of customers from the marketplace and the logistics of this is not going to happen, considering we as developers are extremely busy and shorthanded at this time.

We hope FSDT finds a solution to this.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

sirgaric

Post by sirgaric » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:53 am

Just wanted to make people know that after SU10 is released, GSX should also be able to read Marketplace airport data through the Simconnect API.

Cheers,

Jorge

BrianT

Post by BrianT » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:10 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:21 pm
Dervakon wrote:
Hi Ricardo,

Like I said, we like FSDT, and highly respect Umberto. But we aren't going to do anything regarding this, is an issue caused by an addon that wants to work after the fact that our bgls have been released, for quite a long time.

FSDT should find a solution or at the very least, contact us asking for such files so it can work with that. We have thousands of customers from the marketplace and the logistics of this is not going to happen, considering we as developers are extremely busy and shorthanded at this time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the problem that market place files are encrypted and so no 3rd party addon's can read the BGL? therefore the problem is with ASOBO/MS and not the addons.
As far as I'm aware I believe ASOBO/MS are supposedly fixing the problem with SU10
Regards
Brian

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:01 pm

BrianT wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:10 pm
RicardoLVFR wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:21 pm
Dervakon wrote:
Hi Ricardo,

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the problem that market place files are encrypted and so no 3rd party addon's can read the BGL? therefore the problem is with ASOBO/MS and not the addons.
As far as I'm aware I believe ASOBO/MS are supposedly fixing the problem with SU10
We released the files needed for GSX for anyone interested
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner