KSAN MSFS Rwy 27 invisible wall

DMullert

KSAN MSFS Rwy 27 invisible wall

Post by DMullert » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:15 pm

Hey Gang!

Nothing like concentrating on the difficult visual approach to rwy27 at KSAN just to hit an invisible wall that is not there with the default KSAN. Anyone noticed this?

Dennis

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: KSAN MSFS Rwy 27 invisible wall

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:21 pm

hi, can you tell us exactly where is this 'invisible wall'?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

DFWSupertrooper

Post by DFWSupertrooper » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:47 am

Ricardo, I don't remember ever stumbling coming to KSAN but I must have just gotten lucky before (I probably landed there only about three other times). Tonight I was landing, T/D was perfect in the A320 and on rollout I hit a spot and just flipped completely tail over nose at about 100K, causing a crash (not CTD, an actual crash). Since this landing was perfect, and the previous ones weren't necessarily, this "wall" may be a tiny spot centerline somewhere between B4 & B7 landing on 27.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:06 pm

DFWSupertrooper wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:47 am
Ricardo, I don't remember ever stumbling coming to KSAN but I must have just gotten lucky before (I probably landed there only about three other times). Tonight I was landing, T/D was perfect in the A320 and on rollout I hit a spot and just flipped completely tail over nose at about 100K, causing a crash (not CTD, an actual crash). Since this landing was perfect, and the previous ones weren't necessarily, this "wall" may be a tiny spot centerline somewhere between B4 & B7 landing on 27.
This problem seems to arise from terrain loading, and the way its being streamed in your system. That's why it only happens if you are coming into landing.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

DFWSupertrooper

Post by DFWSupertrooper » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:04 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:06 pm
This problem seems to arise from terrain loading, and the way its being streamed in your system. That's why it only happens if you are coming into landing.
Do you know of a way to avoid that on my end? Some kind of "best practice?" I don't know of any other terrain loading issues or delays - my system has been virtually flawless using MSFS. I'd hate to only use KSAN as a departure airport from now on to avoid that.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:57 pm

Hi, I understand your frustration. This happens with the default KSAN too. Its the way the terrain is in the area. We are sorry we can't do much.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner