KSAN Runway Bugs

JEP795

KSAN Runway Bugs

Post by JEP795 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:13 pm

Hi,

Just did my first landing in KSAN and realized that there’s some “speed bumps” you can’t really see until you come in close to land. Not sure why this is happening but I could see some slight deviations in runway as if it wasn’t smooth and you could see a blue crack between the asphalt and when the plane passes over it it jumps.

Also realized the ILS frequencies aren’t included to be automatically loaded with flight plan if you choose to go that route.

Will provide picture of runway issue when I get a chance if necessary.

Kind Regards,
Jonathan

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: KSAN Runway Bugs

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:54 am

Hi, don't know what you mean by speed bumps. Is it probably the terrain loading and it takes a bit of time?

and in regards to the ILS, there is currently a bug with all addon airports that they aren't automatically loaded. Asobo/MS are working on fixing this in the near future.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

JEP795

Post by JEP795 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:46 am

Hi Ricardo,

Seems it was a terrain loading issue following a restart of the system. No issues today.

Thanks for the clarification on ILS frequency and keep up the good work and excellent customer support. Looking forward to future releases.

Kind Regards,
Jonathan

Keirtt

Post by Keirtt » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:31 am

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:54 am
Hi, don't know what you mean by speed bumps. Is it probably the terrain loading and it takes a bit of time?

and in regards to the ILS, there is currently a bug with all addon airports that they aren't automatically loaded. Asobo/MS are working on fixing this in the near future.
Ricardo,
I too experienced a "bump" on 27 today when landing. As my G36 touched down, the plane nearly flipped. Went back and was unable to reproduce, but something is definitely up with 27. Thanks!

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:14 pm

Hello all, this is due to terrain loading.

If I can ask any of you to try this with the default KSAN. Let me know please.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

WTFAIDH

Post by WTFAIDH » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:12 pm

Hi,
Just to add to this issue. The "speedbumps" appear with the default scenery as well. I removed my purchased scenery to check.
I have flown into LVFR KSAN twice now and both times the "speedbumps" have caused me to crash causing "critical damage"
If you go to drone mode and position yourself at one end of the runway and zoom along you will see the bumps almost like mini walls popping up and then disappearing.
I tried the same experiment at KLAX but no issue there. Might be others but haven't come across them yet.
Don't know what can be done but it is unusable for me. Two hour flight wasted this afternoon because of "crashing" into mini walls on rollout RW9. Looked like somebody had laid random concrete beams all along the runway.
Took some screenshots but files are too large to post. You have to be quick to capture the images as the scenery corrects itself but not fast enough on landing.
Great scenery, just a pity it is causing issues which appear to be default scenery related.
Many thanks

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:25 pm

Hi, this issue happens with terrain loading, with default KSAN and our KSAN. If your internet connection is not optimal, or your performance isn't this might occur. We will look into actually finding out from ASOBO on how to resolve this, but as I mentioned its default of the way terrain handles KSAN.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

WTFAIDH

Post by WTFAIDH » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:20 pm

Hi,
Many thanks. I know from testing that it isn't your scenery but appears to be an issue with the default.
I did a quick take-off and landing in the A320 after posting yesterday and didn't cause a crash so not sure what is going on.
Anyway, will still use the scenery as it is great. Might just use it for departures at the moment.

Thanks again

WernerAir

Post by WernerAir » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:14 am

Hi there,

am I right to assume that this issue has not been fixed yet, neither by LVFR nor by ASOBO? My A320 crashed yesterday after landing on Rwy 09 (I was already at low speed towards the end of the runway, about to turn right at the next taxyway, when the nose suddenly went up and the sim reported landing gear damage). During the landing roll, I had already seen some bumps which I thought were just texture glitches, but all in all the descriptions in this thread sound very similar...

Can you confirm this issue still exists?

Thank you,
Christian

WTFAIDH

Post by WTFAIDH » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:26 pm

Hi,
Yes, the issue is still there.

It appears to be a simulator problem as it happens at other airports. Not sure what scenery developers can do about it.
I check to see if it has been fixed after every update. The only difference I see is it appears my framerate gets worse after every update. Never used to be an issue at KLAX but happens now.

There is a "fix" posted somewhere online by users but why should you have to spend all that time making excludes for the scenery. I may be wrong but I think the fix makes the runway flat and possibly plateaued.

I've stoped playing MSFS for the time being until it gets fixed. There are lots of airports where it it isn't an issue but I can't be bothered wasting two or three hours doing a flight gate to gate wondering if the plane is going to do somersaults on landing through no fault of my own.

Cheers