Question about Future Support A321/320/319

Mücke

Question about Future Support A321/320/319

Post by Mücke » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:04 pm

Hello,

is there a reason why so many topics where closed with "Marking this topic 'resolved', and it is now locked" by theangryveteran?

Because there was no update and most of these issues are still there. Has the Support for those Planes come to an End, will these Bugs ever be fixed and do we have to open a new topic for all those pending issues again?

Sincerely Pierre

7heAngryVe7eran

Re: Question about Future Support A321/320/319

Post by 7heAngryVe7eran » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:49 pm

Mücke wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:04 pm
Hello,

is there a reason why so many topics where closed with "Marking this topic 'resolved', and it is now locked" by theangryveteran?

Because there was no update and most of these issues are still there. Has the Support for those Planes come to an End, will these Bugs ever be fixed and do we have to open a new topic for all those pending issues again?

Sincerely Pierre
Hello Pierre.

I was recently tasked to assist here on the forum and offer support. I have been taking time to go through every Airbus support topic. There were many topics of general questions, requesting support, reporting bugs, and offering suggestions for added features or liveries. However, many of these topics never received a response from an admin, received a response from an admin but never responded back, or received a response from an admin with enough information that there's really no reason to continue posting.

Let's take a moment to speak about forums in general.

On most Internet forums, it is frowned upon to ‘bump’, ‘resurrect’, ‘necropost’, etc., that is to post in a thread that has been idle for a reasonably long time. On many forums this is a bannable offence. And some forums implement automatic systems that lock any thread after a set period of inactivity. Instead of ‘necroposting’, if the user thinks that a particular topic discussed in an inactive thread is worthy of further attention, they are expected to start a new thread, linking to the inactive one if applicable.

The idea behind necroposting is that in some posts there is no value in adding extra information. This could be for several reasons such as:
  • The post was started by a user that asked for specific help and already resolved the issue.
  • The post was started by a user that asked for specific help and is unresolved. Although there is no resolution the post is old enough (there seems to be a one month rule) that the original poster won't need the help anymore.
  • The subject is not relevant anymore. For example, the topic is outdated.
As of right now, we do not have a set time that we will lock a topic. It may be subjective, but I do my best to keep things reasonable. I like to treat others the way I would like to be treated, and my goal is to give a response asap. I'm sure that, as a paying customer, you would appreciate a response if you're encountering an issue with a product. I will also do my best to get back to you with an answer if I do not currently have one.

With all this being said, instead of leaving an old topic open, it will be locked so a new topic can be started. It's a way of keeping things tidy. However, if a topic has not been locked yet, you're welcome to continue posting.

To answer your question about updates and support, yes, there is work being done on aircraft updates, and yes, support for these planes continue. We apologize it's taking some time and understand users are eager to have reported bugs and other issues fixed.

I am usually on the forum every morning 6am - 7am CST.

Note that I fly these aircraft almost daily, and if I'm not able to give you a solution to your problem, I can almost definitely offer a temporary workaround until a patch or update is released. You're welcome to message me if there is something specific you would like to ask or tell me about, but I encourage you to search topics or create new ones.

I hope this answers your questions and clears up any confusion.

Mücke

Post by Mücke » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:42 pm

Thank you for the detailed answer and for your time. I was just puzzled because many problems are of course old but never solved, like all the LOD related like clipping textures A321 cabin, see through cockpit wall and floor A319/A320 in my focus as an example and others. But of course the explanation still makes sense. Thank you very much for that and keep my fingers crossed

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:55 pm

Mücke wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:42 pm
Thank you for the detailed answer and for your time. I was just puzzled because many problems are of course old but never solved, like all the LOD related like clipping textures A321 cabin, see through cockpit wall and floor A319/A320 in my focus as an example and others. But of course the explanation still makes sense. Thank you very much for that and keep my fingers crossed
I want to thank Jack for joining our forum team and helping us.

In regards to outstanding issues, they are still pending on fixing and are duly noted. We are trying to tidy up the forum and resolve and make note of things that were posted sometime ago.

Somethings aren't fixed yet but they won't be forgotten.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

7heAngryVe7eran

Post by 7heAngryVe7eran » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:00 pm

Mücke wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:42 pm
You're welcome. I understand how my words could have been a bit misleading. Therefore, I will change my response in the topics I locked specifically because of inactivity from 'marked resolved' to 'This topic is locked.'.