It is possible to fly the a320 family?

Pilots general chatter area... this is your general discussion forum!
Lucho667

It is possible to fly the a320 family?

Post by Lucho667 » Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:32 pm

Hello, how does the title say, if it is possible to fly the a320 family, since it has some errors such as that of the TOD point, that the TOD point moves and makes the APPR impossible, or the one of navigation, that the a319 goes out of the route (sometimes happens)

Greetings :D

7heAngryVe7eran

Re: It is possible to fly the a320 family?

Post by 7heAngryVe7eran » Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:56 am

Hello Lucho667!

Yes, I've flown all of the aircraft in our aircraft lineup many times for my personal VA, so it's possible. If you're having issues with the TOD during your route, a workaround would be to look at your charts and determine the altitude you need to be at each waypoint. You can then use a descent calculator to determine your descent during your approach. I have flown each aircraft on long routes using only managed mode. There were times I experienced some inaccuracies with the speed of the descent and altitude, but as long as I watched closely and what the aircraft was doing vs what I wanted it to do, I could mitigate them by switching to selected mode.

As you may have already read on the forum, our team has been working on an avionics update that should address these issues.