A330-900NEO Random Uncontrollable Hard Bank Left and Dive - XBOX

myles

A330-900NEO Random Uncontrollable Hard Bank Left and Dive - XBOX

Post by myles » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:56 pm

Hi all,

I've just purchased and downloaded the A330-900NEO. I love it, especially the livery selections. However, several times, seemingly at random, the plane will bank hard left and down, putting the plane in an uncontrollable dive towards the ground. When this happens it does not respond to input and is not recoverable. It happens on autopilot and hand flying. I'm playing on Xbox with an Xbox controller.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: A330-900NEO Random Uncontrollable Hard Bank Left and Dive - XBOX

Post by RicardoLVFR » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:58 pm

must be a wing stalling. Are you following the FD? and what flaps are you using, please check your flap retraction speeds.

The plane very heavy and wrongly configured could stall at low altitudes when speed is not optimal.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

myles

Post by myles » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:14 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:58 pm
must be a wing stalling. Are you following the FD? and what flaps are you using, please check your flap retraction speeds.

The plane very heavy and wrongly configured could stall at low altitudes when speed is not optimal.
In this instance it was climbing, on autopilot and auto throttle, approx 12,000 feet, and travelling at 300ish knots. Flaps were set to 0.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:18 pm

myles wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:14 pm
RicardoLVFR wrote:

In this instance it was climbing, on autopilot and auto throttle, approx 12,000 feet, and travelling at 300ish knots. Flaps were set to 0.
oh ok this is very odd. Many hours of testing and it did not happen.
Was it on autopilot? probably a controller device issue?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

myles

Post by myles » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:21 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:18 pm
myles wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:14 pm
RicardoLVFR wrote:

oh ok this is very odd. Many hours of testing and it did not happen.
Was it on autopilot? probably a controller device issue?
Hm, strange. I will look into it more on my end. It is a pretty new controller, but just an Xbox controller so nothing fancy. Regardless, thank you for your quick replies.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:18 pm

We had this issue a low speeds and very heavy near the ground. But not at 12k and 300 IAS.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Aceituno

Post by Aceituno » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:00 pm

myles wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:56 pm
Hi all,

I've just purchased and downloaded the A330-900NEO. I love it, especially the livery selections. However, several times, seemingly at random, the plane will bank hard left and down, putting the plane in an uncontrollable dive towards the ground. When this happens it does not respond to input and is not recoverable. It happens on autopilot and hand flying. I'm playing on Xbox with an Xbox controller.

Thanks!
Hi,

I’ve had the same issue

All ok, at 15 NM before destiny airport.

A/P on, 165 knots and position 3 flaps.

Suddenly the plane turns to the left and down and crash.

Using Xbox controller too.

I’ve had the same problem as a320 with blocked altitude.

Also I’ve noticed that Idle to reverse is not proportional on Xbox controller. If you push B button reverse go full inmediately. Also the speed of throttle control is a bit fast (with Xbox controller too).

I’ve had some problems to land this plane in general.

Some question I’ll be pleased to answer.

I hope we could solve the issues together!

P.d.: total flight time at the end of each flight is for all planes or each plane has its own times?

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:10 pm

Aceituno wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:00 pm
myles wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks!
Hi,

I’ve had the same issue

All ok, at 15 NM before destiny airport.

A/P on, 165 knots and position 3 flaps.

Suddenly the plane turns to the left and down and crash.

Using Xbox controller too.

I’ve had the same problem as a320 with blocked altitude.

Also I’ve noticed that Idle to reverse is not proportional on Xbox controller. If you push B button reverse go full inmediately. Also the speed of throttle control is a bit fast (with Xbox controller too).

I’ve had some problems to land this plane in general.

Some question I’ll be pleased to answer.

I hope we could solve the issues together!

P.d.: total flight time at the end of each flight is for all planes or each plane has its own times?
This is different to the original poster. It seems you were low and landing, what was your weight?
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

bgpearce01

Post by bgpearce01 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:34 pm

myles wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks!
This happened to me too. 3 mile final, autopilot. The plane acted like it was dropping out of the sky and smash into the ground. Been a while since that has happened to me :lol:

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:39 pm

Was testing somewhere it appears that the winds in certain areas of MSFS are glitched.
Probably something to do with the winds are behaving presently. But will keep investigating
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner