Problem with the FMC and flight plan

marci1229

Problem with the FMC and flight plan

Post by marci1229 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:32 pm

Dear Members,

When I managing the approach in the FMC there is a waypoint of the flight plan which appears when I use the FMC buttons to move forward or back in the plan near the destination airport. For example: DESTI -> NONUK -> BISTA. In this case waypoint NONUK is a different waypoint from the entire flight plan and it's location is far from BISTA or DESTI. But the FMC say's the next waypoint is BISTA. But on the plan page if you press the next button you see NONUK location and BISTA comes after it. It doesn't affect the plan but it is a bit weird. So the NONUK waypoint in the FMC doesn't exists between DESTI and BISTA but in the plan pange you can see it on the screen between these waypoints. Another problem with the flight planning: I tried to plan an ILS approach at ESSA airport on the runway 19R but the ILS approach was terrifying. There were waypoints which are not in the FMC and the plane was going to go straight to the airport and then it was going to turn for the final approach at a 90 degree angle from the airport and land back. I hope it is understandable. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Thanks,
marci1229

RicardoVitor

Re: Problem with the FMC and flight plan

Post by RicardoVitor » Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:43 pm

marci1229 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:32 pm
Dear Members,

When I managing the approach in the FMC there is a waypoint of the flight plan which appears when I use the FMC buttons to move forward or back in the plan near the destination airport. For example: DESTI -> NONUK -> BISTA. In this case waypoint NONUK is a different waypoint from the entire flight plan and it's location is far from BISTA or DESTI. But the FMC say's the next waypoint is BISTA. But on the plan page if you press the next button you see NONUK location and BISTA comes after it. It doesn't affect the plan but it is a bit weird. So the NONUK waypoint in the FMC doesn't exists between DESTI and BISTA but in the plan pange you can see it on the screen between these waypoints. Another problem with the flight planning: I tried to plan an ILS approach at ESSA airport on the runway 19R but the ILS approach was terrifying. There were waypoints which are not in the FMC and the plane was going to go straight to the airport and then it was going to turn for the final approach at a 90 degree angle from the airport and land back. I hope it is understandable. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Thanks,
marci1229
Yes, FMGS is problematic. I really enjoy configuring the FMC manually, and it is quite complicated to do this on the A330 LVFR's FMC. But Ricardo, CEO of LVFR, said they are remodeling this.

marci1229

Post by marci1229 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:50 pm

RicardoVitor wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:43 pm
marci1229 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:32 pm
Dear Members,

Thanks,
marci1229
Yes, FMGS is problematic. I really enjoy configuring the FMC manually, and it is quite complicated to do this on the A330 LVFR's FMC. But Ricardo, CEO of LVFR, said they are remodeling this.
Glad to hear it. It is very problematic right now.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:11 pm

Hi, if you have multiple issues, please don't make multiple threads. Just put them in one. We are very busy right now trying to sort things, and if many threads need to be responded its very hard to keep track.

As for the CDU and flightplan please try to follow the tutorial 1 in the meantime. https://youtu.be/QkGd5go3jSI?si=Gl4SOTCOaSjwx7sd

We are planning on soon having a new CDU and flight plan system implemented.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Pauld

Post by Pauld » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:36 pm

Is there something wrong with the ils landing system on the a319. For the past two weeks the horizontal mangenta diamond locks but the vertical diamond does not make its way down. Its happening on flights that I have successfully done in the past