VNAV and Plane crashing on the ground

mgz

VNAV and Plane crashing on the ground

Post by mgz » Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:41 am

My first question is VNAV is already implemented? in that case can anyone make a little tutorial or explain how to make the plane flight in managed? also im having problems with managed speeds specially at approach

And my second question is about plane crashing to the ground during the approach phase,this is annoying me every single flight, ive seen many comments talking about CG and fuel as the problem can anyone explain then how to configure it?

Thanks in advance and lets try to get the best a330 as possible!

Keroassad98

Re: VNAV and Plane crashing on the ground

Post by Keroassad98 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:57 am

I’ve experienced that crashing to the ground issue during approach 5 times and couldn’t figure out the reason. I believe it’s a bug because that never happened with any of the other planes I used. Very crucial bug, please fix quickly!

Sink-rate

Post by Sink-rate » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:16 am

Hi,

basic VNAV is implemented at this moment and first iteration of new VNAV implementation is under development. Managed mode can be engaged simply by pushing alt knob.

It is a bit complicated to say why aircraft has tendency to stall during approach without knowing the aircraft configuration (payload distribution, FOB, GW and so on). Typical problem is wrong CG what can cause that the aircraft trim elevators and with combination of low speed the angle of attack is increasing, the aircraft cross alpha max, lost lift and stall.

So I would need more information about your approaches

Kind regards
Sink-rate

mgz

Post by mgz » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:24 pm

About VNAV i know pushing alt knob it engages, but im pretty sure for the vnav system to work there must to be alttitudes and speed implemented on the mcdu, thats the point that im missing, and yeah ive uploaded a flight plan from simbrief and the plane does whatever he wants, i have to change alttitude manually all the time. And about plane crash i can tell you like the other mate said this is just happening on this plane, so honestly i dont believe this is the only plane that considers CG, cargo balance etc etc specially when lets say many of the airplanes we have are "more realistic in terms of performance" and simulation, anyway i consider myself a noob so in your opinion what would be a perfect configuration for the CG?
thanks!!!

RicardoVitor

Post by RicardoVitor » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:22 pm

Sink-rate wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:16 am
Hi,

basic VNAV is implemented at this moment and first iteration of new VNAV implementation is under development. Managed mode can be engaged simply by pushing alt knob.

It is a bit complicated to say why aircraft has tendency to stall during approach without knowing the aircraft configuration (payload distribution, FOB, GW and so on). Typical problem is wrong CG what can cause that the aircraft trim elevators and with combination of low speed the angle of attack is increasing, the aircraft cross alpha max, lost lift and stall.

So I would need more information about your approaches

Kind regards
Sink-rate
Hey Kind, I don't know if I'm wrong but the Airbus sounds a danger alarm if you try to take off with the CG out of limits and a red CG warning should appear on the ECAM. If you really have this, it would be interesting to implement it to prevent this from happening in the future if the simmer tries to take off anyway or doesn't balance the aircraft correctly.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:02 pm

Ok so next time people say the plane needs a mod, the person will be banned. First and last warning.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Keroassad98

Post by Keroassad98 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:16 am

I got no warnings at all when it comes to CG or anything like, but the plane still crashed multiple times.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:25 am

Hi, if flying on the external view you can see the AOA indicator. We are working on improving warnings on the cockpit.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner