KBWI terrain issues

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Re: KBWI terrain issues

Post by RicardoLVFR » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:55 pm

We just released an update improving the elevation in the runways and reducing the bumps on the ruwnays.

Still some taxiways have a few bumps, reality is that its a bit more complex to have realistic terrain in MSFS still, than we thought.

We did our best to improve in the runways which are priority.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Flic1

Post by Flic1 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:10 am

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:55 pm
We just released an update improving the elevation in the runways and reducing the bumps on the ruwnays.

Still some taxiways have a few bumps, reality is that its a bit more complex to have realistic terrain in MSFS still, than we thought.

We did our best to improve in the runways which are priority.
Hey Ricardo - I got the latest update and did some high speed runs down the runways in the SF50 VisionJet. Some mild improvement but you should re-check runway 10. It is possibly worse now than before from the 10 threshold up to the intersection of 15R/33L. One of the bumps sent my nose straight up into the air. It would be a shame if this cannot be smoothed out more. It is such a nice airport otherwise but these runway issues make it almost unusable. I think you did a custom mesh for this so I am not sure if that is the issue. If you are able to improve and need someone to run tests before you release it, I am happy to help.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:27 pm

Will again try to test and see if we can fix this. Our apologies.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Shawn

Post by Shawn » Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:07 pm

Still needs some work. I was taxing to runway 28 last night and on taxiway B where B and taxiway P cross heading to runway 28, there was a large dip that caused the plane to almost crash, and that taxiway B is very uneven where the plane wobbles from side to side.

airbadger

Post by airbadger » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:57 pm

Shawn wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:07 pm
Still needs some work. I was taxing to runway 28 last night and on taxiway B where B and taxiway P cross heading to runway 28, there was a large dip that caused the plane to almost crash, and that taxiway B is very uneven where the plane wobbles from side to side.
Bummer to hear this. Still waiting to hear these issues are resolved before buying.

Aleemosi

Post by Aleemosi » Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:15 am

When will you fix the terrain issues. Every time I land the plane crashes as if there is a bump some in the middle of the runways.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:09 pm

We tested these runways so that wouldn't happen with the latest released update.

Sometimes MSFS has an issue when loading up terrain, you might be getting that issue.

Nonetheless we pulled up a few recent videos of landing at KBWI,

33L full length runway landing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plyBo5IRzhU

28 takeoff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=443Vh9KV9Xo

10 Landing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QjfBCb6FdU&t=7948s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etqGQfuUW2E&t=8883s

There are still some glitches on the taxiways, we will keep trying to smooth them, but the runways should be fine.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Flic1

Post by Flic1 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:29 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:09 pm
We tested these runways so that wouldn't happen with the latest released update.

Sometimes MSFS has an issue when loading up terrain, you might be getting that issue.

There are still some glitches on the taxiways, we will keep trying to smooth them, but the runways should be fine.
Ricardo - Appreciate you taking time to find videos of people flying into BWI to prove your point. A couple of those guys could barely get the plane down so probably not a great reference although you can in fact notice the issues on 10 but their bad landings hid them to an extent. The runways still have issues with the latest update (10 is the worst...33L/15R acceptable) and taxiways are terrible. I have to assume you guys are testing these runways?? It is unfortunate as it seems you are blaming MSFS terrain loading as the cause of the prior poster's issue. I have never had these issues at any other 3rd party airports. To be honest, I would not have released this product in its current state if I had developed it. Aside from the taxiway issues, Runway 10 has a bump that may jettison the aircraft straight up....it happened to me. It is right around R1 and it is messy up until you hit 33L. I hope you are continuing to work on this...

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:45 am

Flic1 wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:29 pm
RicardoLVFR wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:09 pm

Ricardo - Appreciate you taking time to find videos of people flying into BWI to prove your point. A couple of those guys could barely get the plane down so probably not a great reference although you can in fact notice the issues on 10 but their bad landings hid them to an extent. The runways still have issues with the latest update (10 is the worst...33L/15R acceptable) and taxiways are terrible. I have to assume you guys are testing these runways?? It is unfortunate as it seems you are blaming MSFS terrain loading as the cause of the prior poster's issue. I have never had these issues at any other 3rd party airports. To be honest, I would not have released this product in its current state if I had developed it. Aside from the taxiway issues, Runway 10 has a bump that may jettison the aircraft straight up....it happened to me. It is right around R1 and it is messy up until you hit 33L. I hope you are continuing to work on this...
We will continue to work with this. and we do apologize for the issues, we have tried many times to improve this, we will continue to try to improve.

We were very close to removing all the terrain we done with KBWI, but when we did the realism went down too much. So much so that we are still committed to improve this. Will keep you posted on our effort and hopefully release another update soon.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Flic1

Post by Flic1 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:49 pm

Thanks for your continued work Ricardo...look forward to the future improvement updates to BWI!