KBWI terrain issues

Wise87

Re: KBWI terrain issues

Post by Wise87 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:05 pm

If this can't be addressed with Asobos help at least give users the option to choose between realistic and unrealistic terrain in the next update. Unless the plane is doing back flips some of us can live with a little wobbling during taxi.

Flic1

Post by Flic1 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:57 pm

RicardoLVFR wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:39 pm
Thanks, we will do our best to get this sorted.
Thanks for looking into this. I don't think the airport can stay as it is with these issues. I can deal with some bumps on taxiways but having this happen on runways during takeoff/landing isn't good at all. How is the MSFS default mesh for the airport? I didn't think flattening had to be done anymore as you can follow the default terrain (?). I assume it is much more low resolution than your custom mesh. I would also rather have flattened areas to make it more flyable. I am not sure if it is an all or none type of thing (ie flattening the runways only).

Shawn

Post by Shawn » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:37 pm

I agree with the taxiway and runway issues. Taxiway P at E, taxiway P just after R, taxiway R at R1, then the plane fell off in a hole and about turned over on taxiway G just after crossing runway 10-28. Departing runway 10, within the first 3000 feet was so uneven I about lost control of the aircraft.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:34 pm

Will make this better for the runways and will try for the taxiways
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

Wise87

Post by Wise87 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:18 pm

Just a FYI, I am getting trees at the Bravo Gates at KBWI with Photogrammetry off. Many of us don't like using PG as it makes the building look melted and it effects performance. With PG on there not there and the ground textures are more sharp. I take it your scenery is built around Photogrammetry? I wish I would have known this as a non-PG user.

RicardoLVFR
Site Admin

Post by RicardoLVFR » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:02 pm

Wise87 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:18 pm
Just a FYI, I am getting trees at the Bravo Gates at KBWI with Photogrammetry off. Many of us don't like using PG as it makes the building look melted and it effects performance. With PG on there not there and the ground textures are more sharp. I take it your scenery is built around Photogrammetry? I wish I would have known this as a non-PG user.

We have our own photo tiles, but we never tested without PG. We just finished an update, for the next one we will try to test without PG so that this doesn't happen.
Ricardo Morillo
Managing Director/Owner

automater

Post by automater » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:36 am

Thank you for releasing KBWI, really enjoying it. Any way in a future update to add Thomas A Dixon, Jr. Aircraft Observation Area on the other side of the road from 33L? It's a little park that is busy with people plane spotting, picnicking, food vendor, kids on the playground, bicycle riders on the paths. Would add a little bit more to the immersion.

Shawn

Post by Shawn » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:09 pm

So I spent some more time taxing around the BWO airport. This was after the short latest update. There are still very uneven and unrealistic taxiways.

Taxiway P after Echo, significant dip.
TWY p before twy c, significant dip

Taxiing off runway 10/28 on twy u2 to twy u, uneven.
TWy R1 before runway 10, dip

twy P between twy F and H, very uneven.
TWY F between twy W and runway 15R the taxiway is significantly slanted where the plane is leaning alot.
twy D, between D1 and D2, uneven, rough
TWY F and the departure end of runway 10 is very uneven.

These are terrible, very unrealsist, would be nice to see these fixed asap.

Ian_LVFR

Post by Ian_LVFR » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:40 pm

We will look into this for the next update.

Aleemosi

Post by Aleemosi » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:59 pm

Yes the same way.. On rwy 15R, this happened three times. Bumps out of nowhere. I land and then, my plane goes crazy like if there is a huge hole in the ground. Please look into it and fix. Thanks.